Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Makayla!!

My baby girl Makayla turned 2 yesterday! Where has the time gone?? The night before her birthday she was crying and having a hard time going to sleep, so I got her out of the crib and rocked her to sleep, which I hadn't done in a really long time. As she laid sleeping in my arms I couldn't help but think back to the days when she was just tiny and I would rock her to sleep in the same rocking chair, and I felt a loss at not having my baby anymore. When she was born, I honestly wondered how in the world I would ever love her as much as I loved Kylee. I really didn't know if I could. But it's amazing to me, even now, how in love I am with this little tiny girl. She is a ray of sunshine in our home and lives, and I can't believe how lucky I am to have her! We've loved watching her grow from a happy, content baby, to a silly, giggling little girl, who follows her big sister everywhere and does everything that she does.

We had a fun, but low-key birthday party for her that evening. We had our friends, the Pew's, and our next door neighbor and her son over to have cake and ice cream and open presents. Makayla ended up getting 3 babies (!), a Curious George monkey whose face lights up, tub crayons, a stuffed puppy, a stuffed Elmo doll, and a bunch of dress-up stuff, including a Tinkerbell costume (which will be perfect for Halloween), a feather boa, play gloves, purse, etc. The older kids that were there had a great time opening her presents, while Makayla just looked on and collected the toys. Today she hasn't been able to decide what she wants to play with, switching toys every few minutes. And of course, they all had to be in the living room at the same time! Here's some pics of my birthday girl!

1 comment:

sorensens said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks. What a cutie! I am excited to see you all for Christmas

About Me

Ohio, United States
We're just a fun family of four living in Ohio while Brian's in graduate school, trying to keep in touch with family and friends.