Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Little Water Bugs

I just have to put in a post about what a couple of fish me and Brian have. Of course, we've known for a long time that Kylee loves to swim and be in the water, but Makayla never seemed to have the same love for the water. Until recently. In the last couple of months, she's become as much of a guppy as her sister. That girl LOVES to swim! We have a pool at our apartment building and we take the girls a couple times a week, at least. Kylee is a great swimmer, and Makayla wears her little floatie swimsuit, so now we don't even have to get in the water with them! It's great, I just lounge and read my magazine....ahhh..... Ok, once in a while we (well, Brian) have had to jump in and rescue one of them, but it's been very nice over all. So, let this be a lesson to all parents who think their kids are too little to like the pool and learn how to swim! You'll probably be very surprised by what they can do, I know I've been! In fact, Makayla causes quite a stir at the pool because she just goes up to the edge and throws herself in. I think it's scared the wits out of a couple of people, but then they see her bob to the top like a little cork. We have a couple of videos of the kiddos in action, so enjoy! Ok, wait, I have to make a disclaimer on this first video of Makayla. All I'm going to say is don't be alarmed at the end, Makayla was totally fine, no harm done, in fact I kinda think it's funny we got it on tape.

1 comment:

Eric and Hannah said...

Ok so I am proud of your girls for being able to swim without plugging their noses!! I seriously can't even do that! When Mackenzie was younger we had one of those swimsuits with the built in life vest. She LOVED it! (and so did I. I didn't have to get in everytime!)

About Me

Ohio, United States
We're just a fun family of four living in Ohio while Brian's in graduate school, trying to keep in touch with family and friends.