Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Makayla is 3 Years Old!

My baby is now 3 years old! *sniff* Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday I was bringing her bald, screaming head home from the hospital. Sorry. Getting off topic here. Anyways, we were by ourselves for Makayla's birthday, so we just had a fun little birthday party with our family. Makayla requested a blue puppy cake, so I tapped into my inner Martha Stewart and whipped out a Blue's Clues cake any kid would have been proud of. :)

TA-DA!!

I'm judging from her face that the cake tasted as good as it looked.

Makayla got a lot of fun presents, including a farm, with farm animals and cars from Grandma Olsen, a tool set (Dad wants to make sure his girls are the independent, strong, tool-wielding type), wooden blocks, a Barbie car and Ken, a "Kayla" doll, a Puppy in my Pocket set, and a Tinkerbell wand and crown set from Nana Phillips.

Seriously, I'm gonna need to clean out the toy room before Christmas.

2 comments:

Tammy and Mike said...

Happy Birthday to Makayla! If only they could stay young, but old enough to be potty trained,forever. My three year-old is going on 13. She's a real character. Martha would be proud of your skills, Becky! Cute cake!

Sterling, Wendy, Brooklyn, and Trevor said...

That is one awesome cake!! She is so cute and getting so big!! Wish we could be closer. Miss you guys.

About Me

Ohio, United States
We're just a fun family of four living in Ohio while Brian's in graduate school, trying to keep in touch with family and friends.