Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kylee's 6th Birthday

For Kylee's birthday this year, we took the kids bowling, which they've never done before. They were sooooo excited, and we all had a lot of fun! Then we went home and opened presents and had cake and stuff. I'm having trouble remembering everything Kylee got for her birthday, but I know one of the more memorable presents she got was from her Aunt Jenicca, who got her a new monkey. As many of you are aware, The Monkey has been her love since she was a baby. She has had 2 different big ones, each of which got lost. Then we were only able to find a small one on the internet, since the big ones are now discontinued and hard to find. I don't even want to know who Jenicca had to sell her soul to to get that big monkey, but Kylee was VERY happy! :) I told Kylee this is absolutely the LAST MONKEY she will ever get, so it better not get lost!
By the way, am I the only one who has refused so far to give their kid a birthday party?? It seems like every parent I know throws these big birthday parties for their kids from the time they turn 3 or so, but I just HATE the idea of giving one for Kylee (maybe just because I've been to so many and they look like such a pain). Does that make me horrible or what? Maybe it's just because Kylee's birthday is right after the holidays and I'm so sick of parties and celebrating that I just don't care anymore. I have a feeling I'm not going to get away with being a non-party thrower for long, though.......sigh.
Makayla throwing her 2 mph ball. We thought we might fall asleep before it finally got to the end!
It's a total fluke that I got this shot of Kylee biffing it while she was throwing her ball. I jerked the camera and that's why it's blurry, but it's still a funny picture! You can do it, Kylee!
Kylee and her new Monkey.

3 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Happy Birthday Kylee! Bowling rocks! (Just remember that when you cross the "foul line," it gets a bit greasy.) We should all go sometime together!
And Becky, you are absolutely right about the birthday parties!!! I tried to hold Olivia off again this year, but I finally gave in to a small party.
Just a hint...when I was young, my mom always offered me a party or $40. After one birthday party (when I was eight), I always took the extra birthday money!

Tammy and Mike said...

I just got caught up on all the happenings of the Olsen family. Your Florida trip looked like so much fun. I am ready to go there! Where do your parents live? My sister Samantha lives in Davenport. Her husband works at Animal Kingdom. I wonder if they might be in the same stake as your parents. Anyway, love the pics!

chelle said...

I am so with you on the party thing. I love the idea of throwing parties for every little occasion. Unfortunately, (or fortunately for the budget and stress) the idea of cleaning and preparing and everything else that goes into throwing an actual party, wear me out before I get a chance to even do it!
Our family LOVES bowling. We always have a blast. (I just wish I could bowl again)
I LOVE the cute pics you captured. (especially the biffing it pic!)
Happy Birthday Kylee!

About Me

Ohio, United States
We're just a fun family of four living in Ohio while Brian's in graduate school, trying to keep in touch with family and friends.